[MCOH-EH] [External] Flu Shots

Octavia Williams-blake owilliams at mcleodhealth.org
Thu Sep 5 05:44:35 PDT 2024

Starting this flu season we removed the requirement for mandatory flu vaccines- employees will not have to do any exemptions. While there is a huge public health/patient care benefit, the regulatory and political environment no longer provides the support we could rely on the past. We are doing a massive education campaign on the benefits of influenza vaccination and will pay employees $20 to get vaccinated. We did the $20 for many years and it led to 90%+ vaccination rates. We ended it during COVID so we hope it helps encourages continued vaccination.

[cid:image001.png at 01DAFF6F.CF5248E0]
Octavia Williams-Blake
[cid:image002.png at 01DAFF6F.CF5248E0]
SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer