[MCOH-EH] Management Structure for Employee Health

Dues, Gigi Gigi.Dues at ketteringhealth.org
Thu Jan 12 18:48:42 PST 2017

Our EH management structure has always had an RN as the manager, who then reported directly to the Network HR director. Our staffing mix is RN's, LPN's and one office assistant, all reporting to the RN manager.
Currently, our administration has changed the manager position requirements to either an RN, PT, or an OT.

Questions for the group:

1.     Have your nurses reported to a non-RN manager?

2.     If so, what was the manager's background?

3.     If reporting to a non-RN manager, did it work well?  If not, what were the challenges?

We are hoping to make this a smooth transition, but lack experience in this type of reporting structure.

Would appreciate your feedback!

Thank you,

Gigi Dues, BSN, RN
Network Employee Health Manager
Kettering Health Network
Phone: 937-762-1131 (Ext-21131)
Fax: 937-522-8042

[Kettering Health Network] <http://www.ketteringhealth.org>

**KHN Confidentiality Notice**
This email may contain legally privileged and confidential information from Kettering Health Network intended only for the individual or entity named above as the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify us by email and promptly delete the original message.