[MCOH-EH] [External] EPIC

Erika Sweet esweet at dhs.lacounty.gov
Wed Jan 18 14:29:09 PST 2017

Did you run sharing of Employee Health records with patient records with legal?  OSHA and EEOC make it very clear that there should be a separation between health info obtained as an employee and health info as an individual patient.

According to a recently released opinion letter by the DOL's Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), employers must ensure that strict confidentiality and separation is provided to personnel records containing personal medical information, and that occupational health information must not be intermingled in an electronic health record (EHR) of an individual patient.

Erika Sweet, RN, MSN, NP, CHON-S
Director of Employee Health Services
Los Angeles County Department of Health Services
Office (310) 222.2360
FAX (310) 222.5326