[CASL-L] copyright question

Jen jlarkin24 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:37:37 PST 2017

I think I know the answer to this...but looking for support!

Our school is having a guest speaker come in to talk to students.  This is
a paid speaker. Our principal wants to send out an email to parents and let
them know about the speaker and his background.  Our speaker happens to
have an ESPN 30 for 30 film about him, and the principal wanted to provide
a link in the email for parents to view it.  Here's the tricky part - on
YouTube, it asks for $1.99 to view it, but on Vimeo, you can view it for
free.  Can he provide the link to Vimeo in his email and allow parents to
possibly view the ESPN film for free?

Thanks for weighing in!

Jen