[CASL-L] Digital Charts/Organizers based upon Serravallo's books

Jane Martellino janemartellino at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 07:32:44 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed reading Jennifer Serravallo's Reading Strategies book and now
her Writing Strategies book.

One way I could support teachers especially in our 1:1 Chromebook
environment is by making digital versions of her charts and turning them
into graphic organizers that teachers can use to project for whole class as
part of mini lessons or share specific strategies with specific children as
needed.  I am encouraging my literacy coaches to narrate some of the
charts/organizers using screencasting tools.  There are so many ways we can
support staff and remain relevant and this is one way. While building
student independence as they strengthen skills.

I am sharing my folders with you with the hope that you might be able to
use them, share them, and maybe decide to join me in creating them--which
then I will change the sharing rights for you.

The only thing I ask.. if you use them or make copies of the docs, is that
you please keep the "credits" in the notes sections. We want to give proper
credit to Serravallo and I have reached out to her about how I am creating
digital charts. The writing strategies portion, I have added my own "tips"
on using this digital version which came out of playing around in making
the slides because I had to think about the strategy and its use by
teachers with students.  So, it is quite beneficial to create them.

Please use them and again, if you want to join me, I'd love a partner!

https://goo.gl/VewKRv

Jane

--
Jane E. Martellino