[CASL-L] YouTube for elementary. What's your strategy?

Palazzolo Wicks, Katrina kwicks at windsorct.org
Mon Mar 20 07:34:04 PDT 2017

Hello all,
What is your district's strategy regarding access to YouTube for students
in grades 3-5 or younger?
We are 1:1 chromebooks in grades 3-5 and YouTube is 100% blocked. However,
we get requests from teachers to unblock specific YouTube videos so they
can have their students view the videos via Google Classroom. We just
finished testing the "Teacher Approved Videos" in the Google Admin Console
but it appears that YouTube still has to be "open" in order for that option
to work.

We are looking for new strategies and some of you might have some.

*Katrina Palazzolo Wicks*
Technology Teacher Leader | Library Media Liaison | Webmaster
860-687-2000, x270
kwicks at windsorct.org