[CASL-L] Note-taking Lessons/ Strategies

Sarah Dolan-Adamec SDolan-Adamec at griswoldpublicschools.org
Thu Feb 7 05:50:13 PST 2019

Hi Everyone :)

I'm in my second year as a middle school LMS, and I'm trying to brainstorm the best ways to model/teach students to take bulleted notes. I'm thinking about finding a high interest article in our GALE database (or one pertaining to a specific topic they are focusing on in class), projecting the article on the Smart Board, reading a paragraph aloud, turning off the projector, and asking the students to write or type the important facts down in short bulleted notes, etc. I've found that looking away has helped to prevent plagiarism and allows students to jot down only the most important details- as they go back and forth... but I'm wondering if anyone knows of other good lessons or resources pertaining to this...

Thank you so much!

-Sarah :)