[MCOH-EH] MCOH-EH Digest, Vol 253, Issue 127

fldocstu at aol.com fldocstu at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 11:27:07 PDT 2018

In SC, we do not have legalized Marijuana (yet).  And when I was in IN, it wasn't legal, but there was Medical Marijuana in our neighboring states of IL and Michigan.  When presenting lectures to companies, I recommend that the organization has a written policy on Marijuana, whether medical or recreational.  As an MRO, I report it as a positive.  It is up to the individual employer to determine if they will accept the donor's reporting either the use of Medical Marijuana or Recreational (from a state that allows for that).  It's up to the company's policy (hopefully written) if that use is acceptable.

Stuart A. Sandler, DO, C-MRO
Medical Director - Occupational and Employee Health
McLeod Regional Health
Florence, SC