[MCOH-EH] Question on fit testing calculations

Shea, Joann jshea at tgh.org
Thu Jun 24 13:01:06 PDT 2021

We are planning on restarting our fit testing program now that our supplies of N95 respirators are adequate.    Was curious how others calculated the number of team members that need annual fit testing in this new world of COVID-19.   Although we have a dedicated COVID-19 unit,  we obviously will still have COVID-19 patients in our L&D, surgery, ED, etc. that will require use of N95, elastomeric or PAPRs.

We are in preliminary stages of budget and are trying to calculate staffing resources needed based on estimates of healthcare workers who will need fit testing.   Would love to hear how others are managing their fit testing program at this time.  Thank you!   JoAnn

JoAnn Shea, APRN, MS, COHN-S
Director, Team Member Health and Wellness
Tampa General Hospital
Office: 813-844-7692
Cell:      813-789-3441
jshea at tgh.org