[MCOH-EH] Fit Testing

Shea, Joann jshea at tgh.org
Thu Sep 15 11:16:09 PDT 2022

Team Member Health (aka Employee Health) has two portacounts (quantitative) , one in our onboarding clinic and one in our TMH clinic.  We have a designated MAT or LPN assigned to the fit test room for annual fit testing each day.  Or onboarding team completes the fit test as part of the onboarding process.

We fit test around 6,000 per year annually in the main hospital plus another 2,000 in the onboarding clinic.  Our educator has qualitative fit testing kits and has trained superusers to fit test at all  our off stie clinics and free standing emergency depts and centers.

We were given two FTEs to take this on after COVID since we are fit testing so many more HCWs now.

JoAnn Shea, APRN, MS, COHN-S
Director, Team Member Health and Wellness
Tampa General Hospital
Office: 813-844-7692
Cell:      813-789-3441
jshea at tgh.org<mailto:jshea at tgh.org>