[MCOH-EH] n95 mask fit questions

Shea, Joann jshea at tgh.org
Wed Mar 29 09:38:26 PDT 2017

We do the fit testing at the time of their annual health screen which is tied to their annual performance review.   The employee cannot get their annual raise until the health screen is complete AND it will not be retroactive if they do not complete the annual performance review in their date of hire month.   We have 95% compliance.  We also reduced the number of employees who are required to have fit testing and TB testing based on risk in accordance with CDC guidelines. .   These employees only need to complete an online questionnaire if they don’t need TB/fit testing.

If you want to test in a large group, you will have to have trained fit testers.  We tried this, and trained our educators but had low turnout and difficulty getting employees to show up.   Some hospitals have been very successful with hiring a group of pool nurses to complete fit testing and TB testing  over a month or two in their facilities.  That’s something you could look into.    We do this with our flu shots, we hire our retired nurses to come back as temps for 6-9 weeks each year.

[TGH_employee health serv-color]
JoAnn Shea, ARNP, MS, COHN-S
Director, Employee Health & Wellness
Work: 813-844-7692    Cell:  813-789-3441    FAX;  813-844-8144    Email:  jshea at tgh.org