[CASL-L] Fwd: [Conntech] Livestream June 8th: Rethinking Libraries in the Digital Age

Shelley Stedman slstedman at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:12:25 PDT 2015

-------- Original message --------
From: "LaValle, Dawn" <Dawn.LaValle at ct.gov>
Date: 06/05/2015  1:42 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: conntech at mylist.net
Subject: [Conntech] Livestream June 8th: Rethinking Libraries in the Digital    Age

From: George Martinez <martinez at knightfoundation.org<mailto:martinez at knightfoundation.org>>
Date: June 5, 2015 at 10:08:31 AM EDT

Dear Colleagues and Friends.

I hope this email finds you well and looking forward to an exciting summer.

At 6 p.m., Monday June 8th, Knight Foundation will be livestreaming a conversation<http://knightfoundation.org/live/> with author and thought leader John Palfrey on ways to rethink libraries in the digital age, based on his new book Bibliotech.

As you may know, Palfrey makes a compelling argument that libraries matter even more in the age of Google. Our complex world of ever-evolving information sources requires more guides, guidance and curators than ever, he argues. In addition, libraries offer a space to connect people to ideas and opportunities, providing a solution to the challenging issues of unequal access to education, jobs and information.

I was hoping you could share this information with your staff, patrons or community. It will be streamed beginning at 6 p.m. EST on June 8th at kngihtfoundation.org/live<http://knightfoundation.org/live/>.

Thanks for your help in spreading the word and I hope you are able to watch the event this coming Monday.

Regards,

George

Jorge Martinez
Vice-President / Chief Technology Officer
John S. and James L. Knight Foundation